The Calligram

Digital Art and Calligarm




Artistic Statement

Using Adobe rush, I was trying to make a calligram of a film icon or emoji. I picked that icon because it is my dream to work in the film industry. As someone who has zero experience with Adobe Rush and not the best drawer out there, I definitely struggled a lot with drawing the shape digitally. In order to do that, I drew a rectangle and circles. I was having a hard time drawing the trapezium. At first, I tried to draw a rectangle and then tried to like manipulate or changed it into a trapezium; it did not work. I tried drawing different lines and then connecting them. It worked in making the shape but then could not fill it with color. So finally, I used the pen which was a lot easier and simpler. Doing the calligram was also confusing, I had to change the text size and distance multiple time I am happy that doing this project familiarized me more with the tools. I believe that is a good start! For me the calligram part was the most difficult which was surprising for me. I thought the drawing will be harder as someone who is not the best drawer out there. I am pleased with how this image ended up.

Inspiration



Sketch;

Letter To Future Self

If you’re reading this letter at the moment, I would assume you are in your mid-thirties.

It’s been a semester so far, and I still cannot believe that I am in college.

I go to the University of Tampa; a really good school with a beautiful campus.

I know that you said at the beginning that you won’t live on campus but you ended up doing it.

It was honestly a great decision.

I believe that you already know that you switched your major from biology to film during the second semester of freshman year.

I knew from the beginning that you will not enjoy it, but you did it either way to please everyone.

I knew you have always wanted to give filmmaking a try, and honestly, I am so proud of you for putting yourself first.

Recently, you started writing for the college’s newspaper, the Minaret.

We both know how much we love writing and we both wanted to have some time for our hobbies.

Not only that, you started committing to the gym and training legs, pull and push.

We both know how much we disliked going to the gym at the beginning, and now I cannot wait to see gains!

But now it is our favorite part of the day and one of our priorities.

I won’t lie I am a bit nervous about the future. Did we become filmmakers?

If so, what company or studio are we working for, or are we freelancing and doing it independently?

Did we make some amazing ones? How popular did it get? Are we working here in Tampa or did we move to another state?

I hope that you created your dream life and achieved everything you wanted.

Just always remember to focus on enjoying the journey instead of the results.

Love, 18-year-old Ganna.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Animation

Final Portfolio