Illustrator homework 2

 Being in the state of play is to feel the current situation or the current moment. It is to allow your body to feel and connect to your surroundings. It allows your eyes to observe what it sees and your ears to hear. It is allowing your brain to be aware of the moment. Obtaining different thoughts and letting those thoughts flow instead of doubting them or overthinking them. It is to try different things and embrace failure instead of avoiding it. This is where creativity emerges and understanding of the world gets better.

There are so many ways I learn new ideas or get new ideas but my top three are movies, books, and nature. For movies, it’s either rewatching the old ones or watching new ones. For the old ones, I don’t necessarily watch the entire movie all over again but rewatch my favorite clips. Imagination comes along. I imagine that I am in the scene, which is the idea or the inspiration, and add different ideas to it or just mix it with other ideas. The same goes for books.  For nature, it is simply leaving my room and taking a long walk. It does not have to be necessarily nature but it can be downtown Tampa or simply just the campus. I would also take ideas by talking to people and hearing their stories.

I like to create random scenarios in my head and write them down. I like to create those scenarios whether I am sitting in my place or just walking around. I find this artwork of a US map, done by a well-known American graphic designer Paula Scher, to be the most interesting. I just love how colorful and detailed it is. Also, it is my dream to travel and explore every state in this country. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Animation

Final Portfolio