LOGO

 Inspiration:

B/W:

Color:
Artistic Statement: 

When I was young, I disliked writing so much until I met that amazing teacher who made me fall in love with it. The paper clearly is the writing, but I wanted to add a bit of meaning and connection to the pen. This is known as Ankh, an Ancient Egyptian symbol that means life. I picked it for two reasons. First, I am Egyptian and I am very proud of my history and heritage. I picked it to symbolize life. I like to journal a lot about my life and that includes memories, accomplishments, ideas, brainstorming, planning, feelings, and so on. Overall the pen, is life, on paper. 

I sketched both the pen and paper and then embedded them in Adobe Illustrator. I mostly used the pen tool except there were two times when I used circle and rectangle shapes. I used a circle to make that small circle on the pen and a rectangle to make the little curve of the paper. I did it using the shape builder tool to trim the unwanted parts of the shapes and then finally group them all together.

Sketches:





Comments

  1. The reason why I like your logo so much is because you made it feel very personal to you. Reading your story was so refreshing to hear! I also really like how you are proud of your heritage and express it through your art!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Somewhere

Animation

Final Portfolio